Official Contest Rules
Eligibility: The Critter-Crazy Happy Howl-o-ween Costume Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all legal U.S. residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Photographs taken by a minor must be submitted by a legal guardian. Volunteers of The Animal Support Project, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations.
How to enter: Visit http://www.theanimalsupportproject.org and follow the link and directions to upload a photograph of your pet/s.To be eligible for the Contest, online entries must be received between 12:01 a. m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on October 5, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Savings Time (“EST”) on November 5, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). All entries and requests become the property of The Animal Support Project and will not be acknowledged or returned.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. All submitted photos and information become the property of TASP to be used at our discretion for any and all marketing purposes without any compensation.
2. All donations are non refundable. Entries and donations must be made via the official contest page, accessible on www.theanimalsupportproject.org .All online payments are made through a secure site – both credit and debit card transactions will be accepted.
3. Entrants/winners must be legal residents of the US at the time of the competition entry. Entrants/winners under the age of 18 must have the written permission of a parent or legal guardian.
4. TASP is not responsible for any technical problems or for late, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries.
- Digital photos will be accepted online at the TASP website and TASP Facebook page beginning at 12:01 AM (EDT) October 5, 2020 until 11:59 PM (EST) November 5, 2020.
- There is no charge for photo submission.
- Photographs must contain pets (owned animals). Photos may contain one or multiple animals- photos containing humans will be accepted but judging is based on the pet’s costume.
- You can enter as many photographs as you like.
- Photos must state which category you wish to be judged in. Select one category per photo submitted.
- The photo submitted must be entrant’s original, nonprofessional photo.
- Entrant must be the owner of pet(s) or have permission from the owners of all pets portrayed. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- Submit your photo in a JPEG/JPG format. All photos must be in focus and of good quality (brightness and contrast). Photo size should be at least 640 pixels by 480 pixels or 300DPI in order to minimize photo distortion online. All submitted photos are subject to review by TASP for inappropriate/offensive content (those entries will be disqualified).
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments). Photographs may not be embellished with text or art and must not be copyrighted or watermarked.
- Contestant must complete the official submission form with each photo entered.
- Accepted photos will be displayed on the TASP website and Facebook pages by category for the purposes of determining winners by public voting.
- Voting on accepted photos will commence at 12.01AM, November 6 and end 11:59PM on November 21.
- A $1 donation is required per vote.
- Votes ($1/vote) may be applied to one entry, or spread over several entries.
- There is no limit to frequency of voting per individual.
- Winners within each category will be determined solely by the number of votes received.
- In the event of a tie for a potential winner, *Ties will be broken by a TASP program animal, to be videotaped and posted on our website and Facebook.
- Winners will be notified no later than 5 days after the contest has closed via e-mail and announced on our facebook page and at www.theanimalsupportproject.org.
- If no response within 7 days, an alternative photo based solely on votes will be chosen.
- *Prizes will be a minimum of $25 value.
- *Winners will be displayed as such on all TASP media.
TASP knows that everyone has the best and most loved pet in the world, and that a fun contest vote count represents neither. Therefore, upon the completion of awards, all contestants’ photos will be featured in a music video at www.theanimalsupportproject.org , on our youtube channel (theanimalsupportproject) and and on our Facebook page. All contestants and the general public is invited to download and share the music video at no charge as our thanks to you for participating.
Grant of Rights in Connection with the Contest
With regard to any image or content submitted, you agree to grant TASP, its legal representatives, successors, and assigns, the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish, and distribute the photograph, or any portion thereof, throughout the world, in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any other method or device of reproduction, publication, and distribution known or later developed, and without notification or payment, in connection with TASP Halloween Pet Photo Contest. TASP agrees that it will never sell the photograph or rights in the photograph to any individual or entity.
TASP is not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors of any kind, nor for contest-related materials nor for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or infection by computer viruses, bugs, or tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of entrants, technical failures, or any other causes corrupt or infect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, TASP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and at its sole discretion award a prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries validly received prior to the action requiring such modification. By entering, all Contestants agree that the Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York for the resolution of all claims and disputes (excluding any claims against or disputes involving parties other than TASP, relating to any prize awarded in the Contest).
Agreement to Official Rules and Policies: By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.